Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Baba !!!!!!!



For you believed, there’s a sane mind behind my insanity,
I could fill the way which was full of vanity.
For you said its okay for my failures,
I could sail through the rough sailings.
For you held my hand, when I fell during the race,
I could get up again, and score an ace.
For you said to value people more than object,
I believed in humanity as a subject.
For you said life is much more than what I thought of,
I changed the lens through which I view life.
For you taught happiness also lies in small things,
I never missed a single moment of minuscule happiness.
For you give that impeccable smile,
I wanna do all that to stretch the same to a mile.

Happy birthday Baba!!!!!


It's gotta be Dad’s 61th birthday and also the time when he’s getting retired from his job…Ahhh, time just flies..Still remember those days when he used to yell at me, when I used to be late for school, call me to ensure whether I am safe while I was traveling, whether I reached my hostel, ensured whether I had enough money for my expenses, ensured whether I am alright or not…and the list goes on..I know; ask any daughter to praise her dad and she goes on and on and on…Even dad’s follow this biased theory towards his daughters.. No matter how much ever bad your recipe turns out and how much ever bad your academic performance goes, he will say its good, at least you tried the recipe and don’t worry at least you scored this much. And that’s why Dad remains the only superhero in every daughter’s life, because deep down she knows that nobody is ever gonna love her and care for her, the way her Dad does.....This birthday is a reminder to me, of taking up the responsibilities, give up my unruly ways and grow up; not just a little bit, but grow up to a greater extent :)



2 comments:

divya said...

Hey Monali... Nyc to see your blog.. didnt know that u write one.. Got to know through ur FB link..
The above one is so true and touching.. i can relate it to me !
Keep writing.. All the Best :))

Monali Churi said...

hey divya..thanks a lot dear...

Post a Comment