Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wishes








When I was small, my baffled mind questioned my mom with great curiosity,

That how come the almighty remember the wishes of so many worshipers ?

She used to answer ma juvenile question very gently

That, this entire sky is the notepad of the almighty.

He pen downs all the wishes made by his believers,

Upon his indeterminate notepad, and thereby act in everyone’s favors.

Since then I used to close ma eyes, and pray to the god about ma wishes

Thinking that the almighty is noting down ma wishes.

I used to wonder on which part of the sky ma wish has been jotted down

I thanked him for fulfilling ma wishes & giving me the fruits for the seeds I had sown

But now why ain’t he listening to me?

Hasn’t he jotted down ma wishes or erased it somewhere from his infinite sky?

May be some fantasies should remain only fantasies

May be some ecstasies should remain only ecstasies

May be, he doesn’t fulfill some of our wishes

So that we always realize, what loss is……

9 comments:

Vidhi Malhotra said...

oye minali good one...and the imagination of the sky as notepad is really nice!!

anamika priyadarshini said...

Thotful...

Monali Churi said...

@vidhi:thanks dear..

@anamika: did u really found it thoughful or sayin it bcuz v agreed mutual praising of our blogs:)))

randeep said...

too good Monali ... u have done it again :-)

rahul aggarwal said...

woah...that was fab monali...really so very thoughtful....grt work

Monali Churi said...

@randeep;got dat sarcasm
@rahul:thanks yaar

sneha said...

mujhe yakin nhi ho raha hai ki ye meri behen hai.....................

madhura said...

Chotuuu....v r in same boat....she's not like us.....hahahaha.....or v r not like her

Nikhil said...

nice!!!

Post a Comment